- Haley Addis
This salad is SO green, SO simple, and SO delicous! I made this for our Mother's Day Brunch this year because I thought it was important to have something refreshing and light to balance out the waffles, potatoes, etc. This salad is perfect as a side dish for dinner or you could make it into a meal by adding some beans and grains! Although I call this "aspargus salad," there is plenty of other goodness in it!
Asparagus Salad Recipe
1 bunch asparagus
1 package fresh peas
4 oz baby spinach
8 oz shaved brussel sprouts
1 oz petite greens
roasted almonds, roughly chopped
1/4-1/2 cup lemon juice
1/4 olive oil
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Cut the tender tops off the asparagus stalks (about 2-3 inches). Reserve the stems for another use.
2. Blanch the asparagus tops and peas (to blanch you add the ingredients to pot of boiling water for 45-60 seconds then transfer to bowl of ice water, drain once cool).
3. Toss asparagus, peas, spinach, brussel sprouts, and petite greens together.
4. Add lemon juice (start with 1/4 cup and add more to taste), olive oil, and pepper. Toss to coat.
5. Top with almonds and serve immediately.
Note: This would also be good with a vinegar based dressing if you want to substitute something else for the lemon and oil! Let me know if you try it with a different dressing!